Thursday, November 25, 2010

Wu Style Taiji Classic by Wu, Gong-Zao

I was reading Wu Style Taiji book written by Wu, Gong -Zao today. The first sentence of the book makes me re-think about how I should practice YSB. It reads

"The Dao of the fist techniques is no more than strengthening the tendons and bones, and regulate and harmonize the Qi and blood."  

Circle walking seems to satisfy the requirement of the sentence perfectly.  The practice is of twisting and extending action, hence strengthening the Tendon.  Walking in circular pattern for extensive of time helps increase your heart rate, hence harmonizing and regulating the blood.  Currently, I do not know how strengthening the bone works.  However, I have received a complement from my training partner that my bone seems to be hard and sharp... It bruises him just by I turning and rubbing my arm against his forearm.  I assume circle walking has something to do with that as I practice it consistently.

As for harmonizing and regulating the Qi,  I am completely at lost.  I have not feel anything in this this regard beside occasional tingling on my arm (This is not a tingling sensation due to blood not reaching the extremity, as I can tell the difference).    Some other note is that I could make my hair stand up on command accompany by a goose bump, this phenomenon is similar to you feeling very cold.  The different is I can do it even in the heat of summer when I'm sweating.  Amazing these phenomena are, they are not very useful to me at the moment in the fighting art. They do not make me hit any harder or faster.  I just feel tingling and able to make a goose bump occupationally....that is all.  Hopefully as time passes I will get a better understanding of these phenomena....

No comments:

Post a Comment