Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Turning and spiraling of the entire body

While I was practicing upward sweeping strike, I have a sensation that would describe as turning of the limb like a gear system.  It feels as if that the turning of the body trunk causes the shoulder to rotate.  The rotation of the shoulder causes the wrist to rotate.  The rotation of the wrist causes fingers to rotate (each finger rotates individually... strange feeling but that what it feels like).  Moreover, the direction of the rotation that I had feels natural and matches the requirement of the hand said by HJB (see earlier post ).

I also notice that I have not turn by arm correctly for the longest of time. I was merely flipping over my arm.  The difference is that if you turning your arm, one side goes up, the other side has to go down.  If you just flipping over your arm, one side is stationary while the other side does all the rotation.   Same concept should also apply with the waist.  Turning of the waist means that the right side of the waist turning forward while the left side is turning toward the back.  The center of the waist is fixed in the middle of the body , unmoved.

I currently only have this feeling only on my upper body.  The lower body is not yet connected in this way.  I'm sure with time, it will. ( more practice needed ^^ )

No comments:

Post a Comment